Saturday, November 5, 2011

365 days...

In one year, a lot can change.
365 days.
8,760 hours.
525,600 minutes.
31,536,000 seconds.
A lot can happen.

Actually, a lot can happen in just one second.
One look can change two lives.
One text can ruin a friendship.
One mistake can end a life.
It doesn't take a year to change things.
It can take but one second.

Looking back to a year ago, a lot has changed.
I've changed.
I'm different: for the better and the worse.
In some ways, I'm thankful.
In other ways, I hate it.

A year ago, I took for granted what I thought I would always have.
A year ago, I didn't know what a bad day actually was.
A year ago, I thought nothing could hurt me.
A year ago, I thought I had everything I could ever want.

It's been 365 days.

8,760 hours.
525,600 minutes.
31,536,000 seconds.

And a lot has changed.

Now, I know what's important and make sure that I don't take anything for granted.
Now, I know what bad days are, and how easily they can come.
Now, I know I'm not invincible. That inevitably, bad things happen to good people.
Now, I know how blessed I am, but I had to lose the most important things to realize.

A lot can change in one year.
Right now, I am a different person than I was last year.
And next year, I'll be someone else.
But if what I experience in that time brings me closer to my Savior;
then I can handle any change life throws my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment