Monday, July 16, 2012

How Pinterest of me!


See, I don't really do this sort of thing. 
I don't blog about my "Pinterest accomplishments"But I'm too excited about this one...I have to!
Thanks to Pinterest, I made my first real meal...and my family LOVED it!


First, I started with the super easy "Slow Cooker Coca-Cola Barbecue Chicken."
Looks delicious, right?Well...it tastes as good as it looks!

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen when I put them in the slow cooker)
1 lemon, quartered 
1 onion, quartered 
1 20 ounce bottle of BBQ sauce (any brand or flavor you prefer)
1 can of Coca Cola 
Directions:Peel onion and cut into quarters.  Cut lemon into quarters.  Place chicken breasts in crock pot.  Place onion and lemon quarters on top.  Pour in entire bottle of BBQ Sauce and entire can of Coke.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.


Of course, every main dish needs some super yummy side dishes! My first side was the basic baked potato. But second was...Skinny Broccoli and Cheese Casserole."



Ingredients: 
1 (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
6 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp. light butter, melted
Slivered almonds, chopped as garnish


Directions:Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.  Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.  Add frozen broccoli, cover and cook for about 5 minutes until thawed.  Drain water and mix in cream cheese until broccoli is completely coated.  Divide broccoli evenly into four mini ramekins and set aside.Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter in a bowl and sprinkle over each broccoli mixture.  Garnish with chopped almonds, if desired, and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until top is browned and dishes are bubbling.  Enjoy!


*This recipe says to divide into four mini ramekins....I just used a casserole dish! 
**Also...this recipe is simply 118 calories for 1/4th of the dish! Just 3 points (if you do weight watchers). It's perfect!!And of course...the only way to end a delicious meal is with a just as delicious dessert. So check this out!
Gooey Butter Cake!!
Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
4 cups (1 lb) powdered sugar


DirectionsPreheat oven to 300 and spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray. Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg to a soft dough. Press into the bottom of the pan. Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and remaining two eggs until smooth, about 1-2 mins. Pour on top of crust. Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes until top is golden brown.

*This amazing Gooey Butter Cake Reminds me of my wonderful days at IBC when Sister Pat makes this. My favorite dessert!







And that completes my first complete home cooked meal! I was so proud of myself that I simply HAD to share it with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment