Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

2011
A year of change, a year of blessings, a year of victories.
The best year and the worst year, all in one.



  1. This year I learned that the worst life-changing event can actually bring blessings.
  2. This year I learned that change really does build character.
  3. This year I learned that life doesn't give you lemons, but you can still make lemonade.
  4. This year I learned that the little things, like reese's peanut butter cups, make the difference.
  5. This year I learned that family includes irreplaceable friends.
  6. This year I learned that the closest people are the ones who suffer when you suffer, the ones who laugh when you laugh, and the ones who are always on your side, even if you're wrong.
  7. This year I learned that you don't always have to have things planned out, sometimes you need to just 'go with the flow'.
  8. This year I learned that if you want to change, you're the only one that can make the change.
  9. This year I learned that the best kind of friend is the one that can listen without saying a word, the one that can sit and just be, the one who sticks through the worst.
  10. This year I learned that the worst time of your life can also be the best time of your life.



This year brought me change. I learned how to adapt to the unthinkable, prepare for the improbable, and be happy in the midst of grief. I learned how to "go with the flow." I learned how to just be.


This year brought me blessings. It brought me a best friend (for unbearable road trips and a shared love of floors), a big brother (who gives the best hugs and can make me laugh when all I want is to cry), and reconnected me with a little sister (who has known me through the best and worst, and loves me the same).


This year brought me victories. I was victorious over my doubt. I was victorious over my fear. I was victorious over my insecurities. I learned how to stick up for myself, and my friends. I received strength and peace that are unthinkable. I was victorious this year because of God.


2011 brought hardships and blessings, and both have opened my eyes to how big my God is. And for that, I will always be grateful for the year 2011.





2012: Bring it!


1 comment: